Saturday 1 April 2023

Author who inspired me in our college days

#A For Author 

Whatever we read in our college days will have special place in our life. That books play a vital role in one's future and in fact the influence will spread all along our existence on this earth. I wish to recall my olden days on the occasion of this BlogchatterA2Z writing opportunity and it's my humble start to vent out my inner urge to write about a rare kind of Author Dr. S. Sanjiv Dev. He was a writer, poet, painter, Art critic and moreover a passionate traveler and of course he has many other great qualities.


(Dr. S. Sanjiv Dev's villa in Tummapudi village and his self portrayal )

He was the author from whom I got inspiration in the matter of Traveling and enjoying the nature in its own way. When I was studying in our town's library , one particular book attracted me from the almirah and it's title was "Thegina jnaapakaalu" (A Telugu book) and author's name was seen as Dr. S. Sanjiv Dev. You must remember, it all happened during 1984-87, my degree college days. Devoured that bulky book and excited a lot after having gone through it.

Content of the book was writer's traveling experiences. He portrayed his vagabond sort of travels into the Himalayan mountains, forests and most of the North Indian states. In fact, he didn't take any permission from his father or relatives. Already his mother was expired by the time, so care free life. In his journeys and with meeting varied people Dev learned many languages like Bengali, Urdu, English, French so on.

He met Russian painter Rorik Nikoloi and stayed in Himalayan countryside to try his hand in Painting. Also met Rabindranath Tagore and other prominent people. All his experiences had been written in a beautiful Telugu prose and it remained as a significant travelogue in Telugu literature. Of course he penned many other books like Rasarekhalu, Smrutibimbaalu, Deepthidhaara etc.,

After reading the book, I had written a letter to take permission to meet him. He invited me happily. I met him at Tummapudi , a village in Guntur district. We have had discussed many things and it was an unforgettable experience in my life. With his inspiration, I started my travel spree and it's in force as of now. Roamed across many states and I have not satisfied with it. More and more in future, till the last breath, this wanderlust continues. By the way, he prefaced my maiden work of poems. 

----- Murthy Kvvs

Note : This post is a part of the BlogchatterA2Z challenge 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment