Thursday 6 April 2023

My journey with Flute

 #F For Flute

I would like to share some of my experiences with Flute, the soft and sweet music instrument. Is there any human being who doesn't like the soothing sound of Flute, I guess a big no. Ever since heard the flute music by Pandit Hari prasad Chourasia in some of concerts, an urge sprouted up to try my hand on Flute. Not only that, some film songs especially from the compositions of Ilaya Raja, AR Rehman and RD Burman instilled great love and passion in me. 

I don't have any plans to give classical music programs and so on, but to play my favorite songs in my leisure time. That's what my idea. Started going to classes. Everyday one hour. I enjoyed a lot, especially the soothing sound came from the hollow bamboo flute. I was using C Middle flute. There are many types of flutes according to scales. What I noticed is practice makes one perfect. That is cent per cent correct in the matter of flute blowing. The more you practice, the more you excel. Unless you practice everyday at least some time, no Guru however great he is, can't do anything.

Am following Hindusthani flute tradition. At present lingering on Janta swaraalu. With my other works, I was missing some practice sessions. Anyway, I keep practicing at my residence whenever there is some leisure time. Through this flute practice, came to know that how dedicatedly the real masters have practiced long hours everyday with all that unflinching perseverance. There are many intricacies in the flute that we can practice for a life time.  

----- Murthy Kvvs


Note : This post is a part of the BlogchatterA2Z Challenge 2023

Blogchatter Link


2 comments:

  1. I love to listen to the flute. It's a gentle instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a flute too after hearing a beautiful melody in a Chinese drama. It's the most soothing sound and I had an urge to learn how to play it, but well. It won't happen in one day is all i can say!

    ReplyDelete