Wednesday 19 April 2023

Stray Dog in front of our house

     #S For Stray Dog in front of our house

I don't have any pets for the last three decades. That doesn't mean I hate pets. I grew up a dog in my college days. It was so faithful and loving. Literally, it has become our family member. Sometimes I skipped my journeys to look after the dog, because our Tiger (Name of our dog) wouldn't eat or drink from the hands of others. That's why small sacrifices like that made by me with affection. What a beautiful scene it was our Tiger kept moving it's tail soon after seeing me not only that love plus respect both would get reflected in the kind looking eyes of our Tiger. Clueless to this very day, Our Tiger vanished one morning without making any barking sounds. It was a great mystery where our loving creature had gone. I became tearful for many days. My heart shattered. On that very day, I had taken a decision to have not grown any dogs in the future. Because bonding between the dog and the human being is greater than any other so called love. We can't withstand it's absence or death or missing for any reason.


(Our Bruce taking rest on the sandheap, brought for a wall construction) 

After all these years, a stray dog won my heart with its good behavior and discipline. Two months back (roughly) a dog was wondering in our street and when raining , it was taking a small place from our vehicle parking lot to shelter itself . It keeps aside standing whenever I started my vehicle, created no obstacle to my departure. Not only that, it stood and move aside whenever my vehicle come in. Seeing very kindly towards me. It's purely a stray dog but how gently it behaves when we have a drop of sympathy. With all our busy life, we ignore small and subtle signs of animals. In fact, humans have to learn a lot from them. Love excels all. It reminded me the Bible word.

Amused. One day I thought of its life style. That dog goes out around six o'clock in the morning. Perhaps, to fetch some rotten food somewhere on the streets. At mid day, came here to rest in our parking place (shed). After taking some hours of rest, again goes outside for perhaps meeting his friends. Exactly around seven o'clock in the evening , came back to sleep here in our shed. So leisurely thinking in a carefree posture. On  any small sound made by commuters in the night, our dog keeps sending out warning growls. So it has become a security guard on its own. One day, evening , I brought some mysuru bonda for the dog. It devoured all of them so happily. You should see the feeling of the gratitude in its beaming eyes.

Every evening, I started offering some food and water. Some people wondered when  I have been feeding the stray dog. Our dog may not be a foreign breed but one core quality is there in it. Faithfulness and respecting its feeder. A small boy asked me one day, "uncle what's your dog's name..?", I was really ashamed to have not named it till then. All of a sudden, I stammered "yes, our dog name is Bruce". This dog is a street fighter and just like a  Bruce Lee for me. Don't care what others think of it. Everyday, Our Bruce keep waiting for me for the food and a little talk. It sounds so happily whenever I talk to him. He understands simple Telugu and English words.

There are so many things to write. I keep writing whenever time permits me.

----- Murthy Kvvs


Note : This post is a part of the Blogchatter A2Z Challenge 2023 ,     Blogchatter Link

2 comments: