Wednesday 12 April 2023

Lone Fox Dancing

 #L For Lone Fox Dancing


"Lone Fox Dancing " is the autobiography of the renowned author Ruskin Bond. He is one of my favorite writers. I happened to read many of his stories. What I like in him is his non complicated narrative with a sweet way of telling any kind of story. Empathy, that's what we feel about his characters. His intricate details about every insect, plant, shrub, animals and places just awesome , that's how children and adults as well get attracted to his style of writing. Most of his stories sound like his own experiences in the hills of Himalayan prone areas like Simla, Mussori and Dehra etc.

My doubt proved somewhat right after reading this book of autobiography. Descriptions in his real life just made me recall some characters in his novels and stories. "The Room on the roof" novella is an excerpt from his childhood and adolescent part of life. Every reader could grasp it from this book. Ruskin Bond revealed many of his brighter and darker sides of  life. This book is published by Speaking tigers. Book cover is very nice and photographs given in the book were worth watching as they would speak volumes. Available with Amazon. 

  ----- Murthy Kvvs


Note : this post is a part of the BlogchatterA2Z challenge 2023 ,  Blogchatter Link


2 comments:

  1. We had Room on the Roof in the first year college as a part of our English syllabus. That was the first time I had come in contact with Ruskin Bond's writing. I loved his narration immensely, since then I have read a lot of his books along with my daughter. And you are right, many of his books contain excerpts from his own life.

    ReplyDelete