Thursday 13 April 2023

Maharaja Swathi Thirunal

#M For Maharaja Swati Thirunal Palace & Museum


 A Few months back, visited Thiruvanthapuram (Trivandrum) on a personal work. Being in Kerala is not new for me and on one occasion almost 10 years back, visited Kottayam and stayed there for one week. Second time, when I was in Mysore to take translation lessons from CIIL, got into nearby places like Sultan bathery of Kerala. Eye feasting greenery and cleanliness are the ones I like most about that state. When I was in Trivandrum, in my leisure, roaming across railway station and other streets just for a purpose of sight seeing. Padmanabha Swamy temple came to my mind and called an auto to go there, it's not so far that I found in my inquiries.


Don't think that I am a staunch devotee of Anantha Padmanabha swamy. And Am not a hater of him either. I gave up idol worship long back, keep following Yoga sadhana only. I neither love nor hate any God or Prophet in particular. With curiosity both Bible and Quran were read along with Hindu scriptures, what I understood from my reading is all religions were different on surface but in deeper they all have one eternal message. After prophets, different followers said different interpretations according their own limitations. The same is happened with Hindu scriptures. On the pretext of "Bhashyams" , most of the texts were distorted. 

We should not make sweeping comments on any prophets with our limited knowledge of worldly factual acquisition. That's what my policy. Well, let me come to the point. Visited the temple and found it not so rush on that day. All that street ,most of the shops were belonged to golden ornaments. One must see, the fort and Museum adjacent to the temple. It was built by Swati Tirunal Marthanda Varma in 18th century. The fort has 122 rooms altogether. Museum filled with precious olden paintings, crafts, swords, spears, Imported antique items and so on. Travancore king defeated and captured Dutch army in 1741, Aug 10. And many new things we could learn from these treasure troves. 

----- Murthy Kvvs


Note : This Post is a part of the BlogchatterA2Z challenge 2023

Blogchatter Link



4 comments:

  1. I read about Maharaja Swathi Thirunal some time back and came to know that he composed many famous songs for God and was a good singer also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was great composer and singer. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete